(Courtesy of Robert Groves)
S510 – Illegal To Grow, Share, Trade, Sell Homegrown Food Will Allow Government To Put You In Jail
S510 – Illegal To Grow, Share,
Trade, Sell Homegrown Food
SB S510 Will Allow Government
To Put You In Jail ….
By Steve Green
S510 http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010, may be the most dangerous bill in the history of the US. (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-510 )
“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.” ~ Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower.
Monsanto says it has no interest in the bill and would not benefit from it, but Monsanto’s Michael Taylor who gave us rBGH and unregulated genetically modified (GM) organisms, appears to have designed it and is waiting as an appointed Food Czar to the FDA (a position unapproved by Congress) to administer the agency it would create without judicial review if it passes.
S 510 would give Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food AND FARMING.
In the 1990s, Bill Clinton introduced HACCP (Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Points) purportedly to deal with contamination in the meat industry. Clinton’s HACCP delighted the offending corporate (World Trade Organization “WTO”) meat packers since it allowed them to inspect themselves, eliminated thousands of local food processors (with no history of contamination), and centralized meat into their control. Monsanto promoted HACCP.
In 2008, Hillary Clinton, urged a powerful centralized food safety agency as part of her campaign for president. Her advisor was Mark Penn, CEO of Burson Marsteller*, a giant PR firm representing Monsanto. Clinton lost, but Clinton friends such as Rosa DeLauro, whose husband’s firm lists Monsanto as a progressive client and globalization as an area of expertise, introduced early versions of S 510.
S 510 fails on moral, social, economic, political, constitutional, and human survival grounds.
1. It puts all US food and all US farms under Homeland Security and the Department of Defense, in the event of contamination or an ill-defined emergency. It resembles the Kissinger Plan.
2. It would end US sovereignty over its own food supply by insisting on compliance with the WTO, thus threatening national security. It would end the Uruguay Round Agreement Act of 1994, which put US sovereignty and US law under perfect protection. Instead, S 510 says:
COMPLIANCE WITH INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENTS.
Nothing in this Act (or an amendment made by this Act) shall be construed in a manner inconsistent with the agreement establishing the World Trade Organization or any other treaty or international agreement to which the United States is a party.
3. It would allow the government, under Maritime Law, to define the introduction of any food into commerce (even direct sales between individuals) as smuggling into “the United States.” Since under that law, the US is a corporate entity and not a location, “entry of food into the US” covers food produced anywhere within the land mass of this country and “entering into” it by virtue of being produced.
4. It imposes Codex Alimentarius on the US, a global system of control over food. It allows the United Nations (UN), World Health Organization (WHO), UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), and the WTO to take control of every food on earth and remove access to natural food supplements. Its bizarre history and its expected impact in limiting access to adequate nutrition (while mandating GM food, GM animals, pesticides, hormones, irradiation of food, etc.) threatens all safe and organic food and health itself, since the world knows now it needs vitamins to survive, not just to treat illnesses.
5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds How to criminalize them, for more details.
6. It includes NAIS, an animal traceability program that threatens all small farmers and ranchers raising animals. The UN is participating through the WHO, FAO, WTO, and World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) in allowing mass slaughter of even heritage breeds of animals and without proof of disease. Biodiversity in farm animals is being wiped out to substitute genetically engineered animals on which corporations hold patents. Animal diseases can be falsely declared. S 510 includes the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), despite its corrupt involvement in the H1N1 scandal, which is now said to have been concocted by the corporations.
7. It extends a failed and destructive HACCP to all food, thus threatening to do to all local food production and farming what HACCP did to meat production put it in corporate hands and worsen food safety.
8. It deconstructs what is left of the American economy. It takes agriculture and food, which are the cornerstone of all economies, out of the hands of the citizenry, and puts them under the total control of multinational corporations influencing the UN, WHO, FAO and WTO, with HHS, and CDC, acting as agents, with Homeland Security as the enforcer. The chance to rebuild the economy based on farming, ranching, gardens, food production, natural health, and all the jobs, tools and connected occupations would be eliminated.
9. It would allow the government to mandate antibiotics, hormones, slaughterhouse waste, pesticides and GMOs. This would industrialize every farm in the US, eliminate local organic farming, greatly increase global warming from increased use of oil- based products and long-distance delivery of foods, and make food even more unsafe. The five items listed the Five Pillars of Food Safety are precisely the items in the food supply which are the primary source of its danger.
10. It uses food crimes as the entry into police state power and control. The bill postpones defining all the regulations to be imposed; postpones defining crimes to be punished, postpones defining penalties to be applied. It removes fundamental constitutional protections from all citizens in the country, making them subject to a corporate tribunal with unlimited power and penalties, and without judicial review.
For further information, watch these videos
Food Laws Forcing people to globalize?
Corporate Rule? Reclaiming Economies?
Donate to Rense.com
Support Free And Honest
Journalism At Rense.com Email
Article Subscribe To RenseRadio!
Enormous Online Archives,
MP3s, Streaming Audio Files,
Highest Quality Live Programs
————This concerns everyone who eats and wants freedom on this planet. If you are not in this catagory then you may ignore this. Otherwise the world corporatocracy will own and control your most basic resource. If you want a resource based economy or a money based economy does not matter to them. Defeat this bill if you live in the US. All others can flood the faxes, phone, emails, and snail mail boxes of any and every department of the US government and also Monsanto.
———- Best get out your belief book Ben as George Bush and Bill Clinton tried the same stuff via Monsanto. In spite of beleifs they do this. And with Vilsack in charge they will do it administratively. Vilsack is from Monsanto just like Clarence Thomas, Donald Rumfeild, John Ashcroft and more. Best got off your tail and raise hell to make sure. Corburn and Inhoff and Sullivan and Boren and anybody else at any level needs heat on this and what they are going to do about it. This is not the appropriate time for downstream channels PR or sitting on the sidelines. Ask them what is thier plan of action to stop this, not thier opinion or voting bias 18 hours ago ·
——— Well seeing how they are raiding private people coming together to share fresh juices with guns drawn raids on Venice Beach, and raiding Amish farmers for having one cow and telling them that they must be selling it because thier family can’t drink that much, we have some relly stupid and tyranical people that apply the law to the worst it can be. That is history Ben.You will find many more similar bills like this as I have been dealing with this stuff tor thirty years. Watch The Future of Food and Food Inc. and get back with me. I Don’t buy all the Bilderburger stuff, but Monsanto is trying to hold power of all food upon the planet and makes no bones about it. Study terminator technology. I go by what has already happened instead of speculation in any direction. Motives and actions have already been established. This law just encourages it to a much greater degree. 16 hours ago
——– this is a crazy world full of mistrust and too many rules for our own good or are they , help us all as we stare into this abyss ; do we speak up now or wait until we’re treading water , really really polluted water the other non renewable resource
——–Yes, thanx, Robert…this shit is scary, & everyone needs 2 b aware of how invasive/threatening they’ve now become. Surely we’re approaching ‘critical mass’ where enough people just say ‘ENOUGH’ already… ! 11 hours ago ·
——— To really make a difference & to make a change that’s good, the Law of Science and Nature must be completely understood. They need to work together like a crew on a boat. Come around let’s work together, learn and do our best.Some regulations are going against the Nature, Earth, Creator laws and are ALREADY VERY dangerous for us as a humanity.When I spoke with Bruce Lipton few weeks ago he said people could chose to be the good cells on this planet preserving what we’ve got and passing it on in a better condition or the “bad cells” well….such as cancer and completely destroying the planet Earth. Thank you very much for your work and for sharing Robert – I’ll pass it on.Best 😉